Tickerplayground.com

Thursday, November 6, 2008

FALL AT THE NATIONAL ZOO

While Catherine and I were in Washington DC, we decided to go the the zoo!
It was a cool, crisp, fall day. Unlike any we have had for a while in Florida. The two of us had a great time looking at all the animals but the highlight of the day was a little boy about two years old. He was gathering arm loads of colored leaves and filling up his umbrella stroller. His mother was so frustrated with him because he could care less about the animals, all he wanted was those leaves. Both Catherine and myself looked at each other and said, "We don't blame him, we love those colored leaves too". Needless to say we gathered beautiful colored leaves and filled our purses with the best ones. (I will have you know our husbands thought we were crazy!) But just so you know we did see all the animals and we even took a few pictures to prove it. This is some kind of bear but I forget what kind.
I just thought he was beautiful.

I took this picture for Corbin, my grandson, who LOVES panda bears.

When I saw this little Llama I instantly thought of Heidi.
She has always loved Llamas


As we were walking down the sidewalk, I looked up and these Orangutans were above us on some cables. It was getting cold so they were heading inside.



We heard this loud noise and couldn't figure out what it was. Then we saw this Tiger in the water playing with a barrel. He was knocking it against the cement trying to steady it so he could climb on top of the barrel.
We had a great time. Colored leaves and all!





2 comments:

Annette and Brad said...

Sounds like a wonderful time in DC! Did Ron get tosee any of the attractions? I know what it's like to be in DC and stuck in meetings while my family goes and sees the sights. Love you guys. Sounds like all is well in Fla... Brad and Annette

6 cute kids said...

Thnks for the cool PANDA pic, grandma!! I love you!! Corbin