Tickerplayground.com

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

No Cameras in the "White House"

Ron's company had a convention in Washington DC the second week of October. I had the great privilege to accompanying him. While Ron was in meetings, I went with my friend Catherine to see all the sights. She had made arrangements to go on a tour of the White House. This entailed a background check and all. They would not let you carry a purse or camera. The only thing we could have was a cell phone and of course our "photo ID". That left us with one problem... No camera for the rest of the day. So the following pictures were all taken on my cell phone. This is the outside of the White House. If you get a chance to take a tour of the inside....skip it.
It is not worth the hassle. (Unless you can get a private tour). You really don't see much.
And then you are left without a camera all day!

Catherine also arranged for a tour of the Capital building. This was a very interesting tour. The inside is very beautiful. I am glad I went on this tour.... wish I had a camera.

This is the celling in the Capital Building. It is all hand painted. It was unbelievable.



This is my favorite Monument in DC. I love this huge statue of Abe Lincoln.


I took this picture for my dad who fought in the Korean War.
This is the Korean War Monument.





No comments: